The Bauvais- Amoureux House was built circa 1792 by Jean Baptiste St. Gemme Bauvais. It overlooks Le Grand Champ, the fertile agricultural fields of colonial Ste. Genevieve. Its upright cedar log walls are set directly in the earth in the rare poteaux-en-terre method of construction. Hewn timbers form the Norman trusses which support the steeply pitched roof reminiscent of French Canada. Purchased by Benjamin Amoureux in 1852, the house will soon be part of the Ste. Genevieve National Historical Park, and is operated by the Felix Valle State Historic Site. It features an impressive diorama depicting the village of Ste. Genevieve in 1832.