The Wayside Inn Museum is located in a building built in 1882 as a hotel and bath house called The Palace. Later the hotel changed its name to The Commercial Hotel, then to the Wayside Inn.
In 1984, the building was turned into the town museum with artifacts and other items relating to the El Dorado Springs area including a restored rural school room, healing arts room, doll room, loom room, kitchen, dining room and parlor, circa 1882. Directly across the street there still is a mineral water spring.
Open May-October. Admission is free; donations accepted.
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating