The Kearney Historic Museum opened to the public in downtown Kearney in June of 2006 to coincide with our town’s sesquicentennial celebration. In 2017, we acquired the building next door and doubled the size of the museum.
We have many permanent displays and several rotating displays. One of our guests' favorite permanent displays is a timeline that starts in 1856, the year our town began, although it was originally named Centerville. Plus we have the safe that Frank James' ashes were kept in at the Kearney Trust Bank from 1915 until his wife died in 1944.
Every month something new comes into our facility, so be sure to stop by at least once a year!