Hermann’s historic Rotunda Building is located in the Upper City Park, near Washington and West 11th streets.
The Rotunda, which is in the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1864 by the Gasconade County Agricultural Association at a cost of $2,000. It is thought to be Hermann’s oldest publicly owned building. The building was used as an exhibition hall for agricultural fairs and other community events. Its unusual octagonal shape was traditional for barns in northern Germany.
The climate-controlled building, which can accommodate up to 250 people, may be rented for private functions. Tables and chairs are available. For information, call the City Office, 573-486-5400.