“Another long summer’s come and gone …I don’t know why it always ends this way” – ‘Til Summer Comes Around, by Keith Urban
“I feel it in the air, the summer’s out of reach …” – Boys of Summer, by Don Henley
Yes, the long, sun-filled days of the prime summer months are behind us, but when it comes to fun in Missouri, there’s no end in sight.
World-class museums welcome travelers year-round, the water’s always warm at Missouri’s indoor water parks and festivals give you dozens of reasons – and ways – to celebrate the change of seasons.
The upcoming fall days are perfect for exploring outdoor trails, checking out what the animals are up to at the zoo and sipping wine while enjoying scenic views, too.
Here are 15 fun ways to experience Missouri as you bid farewell to summer and usher in autumn:
- Embrace cultures of the world at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City
- Splash and swim at Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark, Osage Beach
- Celebrate Hermann’s German heritage at Oktoberfest, Hermann
- Root for the Tigers in SEC action, Columbia
- Hike at Hawn State Park, Ste. Genevieve
- Canoe on the Current, near Eminence
- See what the world looks like from atop the Branson Ferris Wheel, Branson
- Enjoy the wonder at Wonders of Wildlife, Springfield
- Take a ghost tour at the Missouri State Penitentiary, Jefferson City
- Learn about instant messaging, circa 1861, at the Pony Express National Museum, St. Joseph
- Admire Huckleberry and Finley at Saint Louis Zoo’s Grizzly Ridge, St. Louis
- Peruse once-buried treasure at the Arabia Steamboat Museum, Kansas City
- Hear stories from Mark Twain Himself, Hannibal
- Savor Missouri-made wine at Chaumette Vineyards and Winery, Ste. Genevieve
- Find a home where the buffalo roam at Prairie State Park, Mindenmines
Yup, there’s much to see and do in the Show-Me State this fall … and beyond. Your Missouri adventure awaits, and remember to share it with us on Instagram using #MissouriAdventure.