The Maclay Home contains 17 rooms of original furnishings from the 1800s. Built in 1858 as Rose Hill Seminary for girls, it was used as headquarters by General John Fremont during his 1861 stay in Tipton during the Civil War.
Following the war, this three-story brick structure became home to three generations of the Maclay and Gleim families. All clothing and furniture on display belonged to family members. Stepping through the front door is like stepping back into another era.
Open the second and fourth Sundays, May through October; other times by appointment.