This 1837 log house was the home of Col. Nathan Boone, son of Daniel Boone. He was a military officer and an early developer. The house retains many of its original features, such as hand-planed moldings and walnut clapboard siding. In addition to the family cemetery, there are slave graves on the property. The site features hiking trails and a picnic shelter.