The Saint George features 24 guestrooms and two deluxe suites. Facilities include a piano lounge, and The Orval Hixon Vaudeville Photography Museum.
The hotel was built in 1845 as a working man's hotel. Following the Civil War, and the floods of 1858 and 1881, the hotel lost much of its business, but the building persevered, operating as apartments, a post office and bank. Renovations added the modern conveniences of a luxury hotel, while still preserving most of the original architectural style and beauty.