October 3, 2017
Columbia's Memorial Stadium is electric on game day, especially when the Tigers are hosting an SEC opponent.
Clearly, nothing beats watching a game in person, but there are times when tickets are hard to come by. When that happens, don't settle for sitting at home, watching your TV and further indenting the cushions on your couch.
Get out with like-minded, black-and-gold clad Tiger fan to watch the game. There are myriad bars, pubs and restaurants catering to sports junkies, so you're never far from a big screen and the excitement of watching a game with friends - even those you just met.
To get the feel of being on the Tigers home turf, head to central Missouri, where there are dozens of excellent game-watching venues. Among them are:
- Harpo's, Columbia - A game-day institution, this is an awesome spot for soaking up the excitement of college sports and watching gridiron action from the cozy (and likely packed!) atrium bar area.
- Shiloh Bar and Grill, Columbia - Enjoy appetizers like toasted ravioli (you're in Missouri, after all) and sliders as you cheer the Tigers on to victory, surrounded by a lively crowd at this traditional pre- and post-game hot spot.
- Fitters on Fifth, Sedalia - Sample the delicious sweet-corn nuggets and, when the weather allows, find space in the delightful outdoor seating area. They've got plenty of other drinks and menu items to keep you fueled up during the game.
- JPfenny's Sports Grill and Pub, Jefferson City - This bar and restaurant has an excellent menu, dozens of beers on tap and abundant TVs for optimal viewing.
- 1851 Underground Tap and Grill, Fulton - They don't have a wealth of TVs, so it may not be the first place you'd consider on game day, but it is locally famous for its cool vibe and selection of brews (and other drinks).
- Wicked Willie's Sports Grill, Osage Beach - With 33 TVs and three projection screens, along with cold drinks and snackables like wings and loaded nachos, this is perhaps the ultimate game-watching spot at the Lake.
These are just a few of the places to get your game-day fix in central Missouri. There are countless other options in every region of the Show-Me State. Find more spots for watching the big game at VisitMO.com.
VisitMO.comVisitMO on PinterestMissouri Travel Guide