"*" indicates required fields
Founded in 1808, this was the first school west of the Mississippi River. This massive stone structure drew boarding students from along the Mississippi River. In 1818, Louis XVIII, King of France, sent the Christian Brothers to teach; it was their first assignment in the new world. The school operated until 1861. It is restored as a private residence. Tours are offered by appointment.