"*" indicates required fields
The Jacques Guibourd Historic House was constructed in 1806 in the poteaux-sur-sole style with vertical, hand-hewn log walls and double pitched roof. This important National Register site is the only historic house in Ste. Genevieve where the visitor can view and study ‘up close’, the Norman truss architecture employed at the time.
The house displays a more refined rendition of the typical French Colonial residence in the era of Lewis and Clark and is finished with elegant French antiques. It is owned and operated by the Foundation for Restoration of Ste. Genevieve, Inc. as a memorial to its donor, Jules Felix Vallé.
Admission to the house includes a costumed docent-guided tour. The House is climate controlled and is handicap accessible. It is open daily April through the first weekend in December. Closed Easter and Thanksgiving.