Rockcliffe Mansion is a 13,500-square-foot residence listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built between 1898 and 1900 by lumber baron John J. Cruikshank Jr. With his wife and four daughters, the family lived at Rockcliffe until 1924.
After being abandoned for 43 years, it came within days of demolition. With restoration beginning in 1967 (and continuing to date), its 30 rooms are now on display.
Decorated in the late Victorian and Art Nouveau styles, popular from 1890 to 1910, most of the original antique furnishings, fixtures, and personal items of the original family are preserved. The mansion is filled with rich mahogany, oak and walnut appointments, magnificent Palladian windows, and fine interior decorations from America and Europe. Numerous architectural features cannot be practically duplicated.