Explore the region's history by viewing our exhibit galleries, attending programs, or researching your family history. This state-of-the-art facility houses more than 60 million pages of historical records dating to 1815. We have 10 public-access computers for research.
The facility has holdings of value for genealogy research, among them:
- federal population censuses for all States, 1790-1930;
- indexes for the 1880, 1900, 1910, and 1920 censuses (indexes are not available for all census years and all states);
- selected military service records and indexes;
- selected pension and bounty-land warrant applications;
- censuses and land allotment files for Native Americans.