You knew this day was coming. It's time to start your holiday shopping, but you're not exactly sure where to begin. Don't stress; Missouri's retailers have you covered.
Whether you're seeking handcrafted goods created by regional artists and craftspeople, looking for outlets or shopping malls that have everything you need, or trying to find the perfect gift at a specialty store, the Show-Me State has what it takes to ensure the people on your "nice" list have a memorable holiday.
Let's take a look at 10 fun places - large, small, in cities and off the beaten path - to shop in Missouri:
• The Glass Workbench - Gifts at this retailer range from custom-made lamps and windows to jewelry and holiday ornaments. It's one of several specialty retailers and antique shops found on Historic Main Street in St. Charles.
• Bucksnort Trading Company - A unique shopping experience, this Arrow Rock shop offers Missouri-made gifts along with American Indian jewelry and Southwest decor.
• Smockingbird's Unique Gifts and Accessories - Located in Fulton's Brick District, shop for a variety of gifts, from clothing and accessories to home decor and gourmet foods.
• Old Towne Antiques - Found along Route 66 in Rolla, it's home to more than 200 booths in eight buildings (EIGHT!!). Add to your shopping experience by stopping at the one-site restaurant, which serves brick-oven pizzas on Saturdays and Sundays.
• Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World - If you've got an outdoors enthusiast on your shopping list, don't miss this incredible shopping destination in Springfield. In addition to finding outdoor gear and accessories, Bass Pro has a restaurant and two museums.
• Edna Campbell's - Shop for jewelry, purses, shoes, kitchen items, seasonal decorations and more at this Kirksville retailer.
• Zona Rosa - Home to dozens of stores (along with dining and entertainment), you find gifts for nearly everyone on your list at this Kansas City shopping district. Give someone a taste of Kansas City when you buy at tub at Topsy's Popcorn.
• Eclectic Originals - Have fun exploring this Waynesville boutique, featuring goods made in the Missouri Ozarks. Gift, home decor and Route 66 items abound.
• Mom's Memories Antiques and Mary's Book Shop - Located outside of West Plains, stroll through more than 2,500 square feet as you hunt for antiques and collectibles. Mary's Book Shop has more than 5,000 titles from which to choose.
• Branson Landing - Specialty shops featuring name brands such as Levi's and Nike, along with a Belk Department Store, make this one of Branson's must-visit shopping destinations.
These are just some of fun and interesting shops waiting for you in Missouri. Search more shops listed on VisitMO here and make plans to visit today!