Madison's offers fine American, Italian and eclectic cuisine-casual, relaxed yet elegant dining in an inviting and welcoming atmosphere. Hand-cut steaks, appetizers, soups, salads, seafood, sandwiches, pasta, desserts, a variety of distinctive and tantalizing and unique signature dishes, extensive Cellared Wine List and hand-crafted cocktails await your enjoyment.
Our menu is continually updated, reflecting local, seasonable availability and original, imaginative fare, while also paying respect and homage to classics - combining both modern-creative and traditional styles of cooking. A large and ever-changing menu uses locally sourced products whenever and wherever possible, including herbs from our own seasonal herb garden. Our gluten-free menu, whole wheat and rice penne pasta, and a wide variety of vegetarian fare pleases the most sensitive palate. A children's menu is available for children 13 and younger. Relax and enjoy an Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha, Caramel, Americano, Coffee and decaffe.
Our two well-appointed private dining rooms are perfect for any special occasion or business meeting allowing for Cocktail receptions up to 120; butler style service for up to 70. The entire restaurant can be reserved Saturdays, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. for your private event, minimum of 75 guests up to 200.
Al fresco dining on our large patio is wonderful when weather permits.
Off-site catering is available from small intimate gatherings to more than 300.
- Reservations for six or more are accepted.
- Carry out is always available.
- Happy Hour Monday-Thursday in ‘The Bar’ 4-6 pm.
- Tuesday Night is Wine Night
- Six Course Food and Wine Pairing Events are held throughout the year.
Located in the heart of historic downtown, two and a half blocks from the Capitol; a half-block from the Governor's Mansion; four blocks from the historic Missouri State Penitentiary; three blocks from the Amtrak Station; about a half mile from the bridge bike/walk crossing to the Katy Trail; and across the street from the Madison Street parking garage.
See our website for details and menus.
- 2017: FSR (Full Service Restaurant) Magazine listed Madison's among "The Top 100 Independent Restaurants in the Nation" in 2017 and “Top 100 Independent Restaurants in America's State Capitals" in 2016.
- 'Only in your State' noted Madison's as one of the "11 Missouri Restaurants with the most Amazing Outdoor Patios You'll Love to Lounge On."
- Voted Best Restaurant, Best Outdoor Dining, Best Power Lunch, Most Romantic, Best Salad, Best Appetizers and Best Italian Restaurant by Jefferson City Magazine in 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011.
- Voted Best Italian and Most Romantic by the Readers Choice poll of the Jefferson City News Tribune for the last 13 years.
- 2014: MapQuest named Madison's to the list of "The Best Top Food Bites in all the 50 State Capitals" and was voted Best Italian restaurant in Mid-Missouri by Mid-Mo.com.
- In 2015 and 2016, The Culture Trip, a one-stop website for the best international, global- art, food, culture and lifestyle for every country named Madison's as one of the top restaurants in Jefferson City, Missouri.
A Jefferson City tradition since 1982, Madison's is a gathering place for family and friends - or perfect for that romantic evening. Join us to restore your spirit and share the simple pleasures with family and friends….one delicious bite at a time.