The Jacques Guibourd Historic House was constructed in 1806 in the poteaux-sur-sole style with vertical, hand-hewn log walls and double pitched roof. This important National Register site is the only historic house in Ste. Genevieve where the visitor can view and study 'up close', the Norman truss architecture employed at the time.
The house displays a more refined rendition of the typical French Colonial residence in the era of Lewis and Clark and is finished with elegant French antiques. The museum is owned and operated by the Foundation for Restoration of Ste. Genevieve, Inc. as a memorial to its donor, Jules Felix Vallé.
The Jacques Guibourd House gives discounts to members of organizations who participate in the Time Travelers Program. The House is also a participant in the Ste. Genevieve Welcome Center's discount Passport program. Admission includes a costumed docent-guided tour. The House is airconditioned in the summer, and heated in the fall and winter and is open daily April through the first weekend in December. Closed Easter and Thanksgiving.