The J. Huston Tavern has been serving meals to travelers along the Santa Fe Trail since 1834. The brick tavern maintains the flavor of the 1850s, including the original wood floors in the lobby. The tavern is the oldest continuously-serving restaurant west of the Mississippi River.
The tavern features an old-fashioned ice cream parlor in The Tap Room, which served as the town mercantile for many years. The three dining rooms serve hearty country fare including family-style fried chicken, glazed ham and other traditional dishes. Lunch includes soups, sandwiches, salads and fried chicken. Picnic food items, including fried chicken, are available for carry-out.
During the Lyceum Theatre season (April-Dec.), we are open Wed. and Fri., 5 p.m.-7 p.m., if there is a performance scheduled. Please call for reservations.