2014 PictureMO Themes and Guidelines
Q1- Arctic Vortex- photos with snow (Wintery Missouri outdoors)
Q2- Enjoy the Arts (Museums, live performances, historic sites, etc)
Q3-Show Me Festivals
Q4- Best in Show
- Please join the Flickr group, PictureMO, if you are not already a group member. www.flickr.com/groups/picturemo/
- Add your photo(s) to the PictureMO pool and it is encouraged but no longer necessary to tag your photos (for example #PictureMO_Q12014).
- For questions about group membership or uploading photos, please visit Flickr’s FAQ page: www.flickr.com/help/faq/
- Photo submission: All images you submit must be of landmarks, natural areas, tourist destinations, or other subjects exclusively in Missouri. If any person or private property included in the photograph is recognizable, please obtain a signed release. See www.visitmo.com/eblast/Flickr/rules.html for release forms.
- Images will be judged on originality, photo quality, composition and technical excellence, composition, and overall impact and creativity.
- Please include the following information with your photo:
- Title of the photo
- Name of attraction or location where the photo was taken
- Nearest city
- Date photo was taken
- Name of photographer and town of residence
- (Please include contact information in your Flickr profile or check your Flickr mail often so that the Missouri Division of Tourism may contact you if necessary for submission questions.)
- Contests will be held quarterly and will begin on the following dates:
- Q1: Jan. 1
- Q2: April 1
- Q3: July 1
- Q4: Oct. 1
- *Winners will be selected within 7-10 business days of the close of each contest and posted on the group page.
- Photo upload requirements: Please upload the highest-resolution image possible. Files should be over 300 DPI or above 5 MB.
- Black and white, sepia tone, and duotone images will be accepted, but are not eligible to win quarterly contests.
- Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified, appear unnatural or have frames and borders added will be disqualified.
- Inappropriate photos will be disqualified.
- Winner selection process: 5-7 business days after the quarter ends, the top five photos that stick to the quarter’s theme will be posted to the VisitMO Facebook page. VisitMO’s Facebook fans will be asked to vote for the photo they like the most. The top three photos will win that quarter’s PictureMO photo
- Any photos that do not fall under the quarter’s theme will not be eligible for voting.
- Missouri Tourism assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, failed entries, or for any technical/technological malfunctions that
- The winner and two runners-up may have their photos posted on VisitMO.com(at some point during the calendar year), and a blog post showcasing the photos will appear on Blog.VisitMO.com.
- The winning photo will be posted on Facebook, along with the top two runners-up.
- The first place winners’ photos may be published in the Official Missouri Travel Guide of the succeeding year.
- The winner and three runners-up may have the opportunity to have their photos featured in Show-Me Missouri travel magazine.
- Photos may be featured in Missouri Tourism marketing materials.
- Additional guidelines:
- There is no longer a limit on photos added per entry, per quarter.
- Photographers retain sole and exclusive ownership and all other rights to images.
- By entering the contest, you authorize the Missouri Division of Tourism and their affiliates and marketing partners to a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, copy, distribute, perform, display the image and also to prepare derivative works based upon the image without payment, royalties, or any other compensation for all online and offline marketing purposes.
- By participating in the Flickr contest, you agree to the terms of these rules as well as the full regulations posted on www.visitmo.com/eblast/Flickr/rules.html.