This former Army Air Corps base now serves as the Sikeston Municipal Airport. The original gated entrance to Harvey Parks Air Base serves as the entrance to the city's Veterans Park.
Anticipating WWII, General Hap Arnold planned Harvey Parks Air Base as a flight training school for pilots and plane mechanics entering the U.S. Army Air Corps. The base was activated in 1940.
Located at the intersection of Linn and Selma streets, the park features an M-60 battle tank, a 1955 Sioux Helicopter, an F4 Phantom jet fighter, and other military displays.