Calvary Cemetery
13
5239 W. Florissant Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63115
Phone: 314-792-7738
Gates open daily, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Established in 1854, Calvary Cemetery is the second oldest cemetery of the Archdiocese of St. Louis; at 470 acres, it is the largest in Missouri. This cemetery contains the graves of Dred Scott; General William Tecumseh Sherman; playwright Tennessee Williams; and many noted persons identified with the beginning of St. Louis.

Taking two adjacent cemeteries together, Bellefontaine Cemetery & Calvary Cemetery, there is no place on earth where more Union and Confederate generals lie at rest in such close proximity; more generals who commanded armies during the American Civil War lie here than are buried at Arlington National Cemetery and West Point combined.

Associated Listings
Results (0)
GENERAL INTEREST INFO
  • open year-round
FOR TRAVELERS WITH DISABILITIES
  • Partially Wheelchair Accessible
SMOKING POLICY
  • smoking allowed outdoors only
SUITABLE FOR THESE AGE GROUPS
  • All ages
PET POLICY
  • service animals welcome
  • pets are not allowed
RATES
  • free admission
TO AND FROM
Enter Your Zip Code
{0} REGION - KEY CITIES