The Jacques Guibourd Historic House was built in 1806, using vertical posts construction, hand-hewn log walls, and a double pitched roof. This is the only historic house in Ste. Genevieve where the visitor has an up-close view of the Norman truss architecture employed at the time.
The house displays a refined rendition of the typical French Colonial residence in the era of Lewis and Clark, and is finished with elegant French antiques. Guided tours are given by a docent in period dress.
Open daily, April through the first weekend of December. Closed Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Group tours at any time, by appointment.