Sign up to receive e-newsletters, discounts and promotions
Bloomfield City Park has tennis courts, basketball courts, baseball fields, a Frisbee golf course, a playground, a picnic area, two pavilions, a covered bridge and two log cabins. The larger cabin, a two-story dogtrot style, was built during 1888-1889 by the Burnett family; it was disassembled and reconstructed in the park during 1973 by the Stoddard County Historical Society. The smaller cabin, built 1833 (circa), was moved as a unit to the park.
This park, with its panoramic view of Hannibal and the Mississippi River, is reached by 244 stairs which begin at the north end of Main Street. At the bottom stands the bronze statue, sculpted in 1925, of Twain's most memorable and mischievous characters, Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, walking along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River. The top features a new interpretive panel on the history of the lighthouse.
New 9-hole Frisbee Golf Course in the scenic setting of Kellogg Lake along Route 66 in Carthage, Missouri.
This Lexington city park, about a block from the Battle of Lexington State Historic Site, has a pavilion shelter that is a replica of the Masonic College building that served as Union headquarters during the battle.
A marker indicates where Union Col. Mulligan hid $1 million in confiscated funds under his tent during the battle. The park also features a restored cannon from the USS Constitution (“Old Ironsides”). Picnic tables and playground equipment.
Faust County Park is located on a tract of land that once belonged to Frederick Bates, the second governor of Missouri. In 1818, he built a home on the property and named his estate Thornhill. That home is one of the park's many prominent features.
In addition to Thornhill, the park is home to:
Check each attraction's webpage for specific operation hours, admission prices, and information.
This park is home to the Historic Sitze Log Homestead and ES Lett Memorial Bridge; there's also a picnic area and a playground. Take a stroll through Marquand's park or sit to enjoy the peace and quiet.
The park offers trout fishing in the Roubidoux River (Missouri fishing license required); an underwater cave that is open for scuba diving (clearance from the sheriff's department required); picnic tables; restrooms; National Park Service walking trail. An interpretive walking trail and Trail of Tears Memorial will be opening in 2015. Historical Significance: During the 1838-39 Trail of Tears, thousands of Cherokees along the Northern Route camped in the large field located south of Roubidoux Spring.
Contact Us | Blog | Privacy Statement | ADA Compliance | Help Us Help You | Facebook Disclaimer
Listings of businesses and events appearing on this site are supplied by the entities themselves. All information is subject to change without notice. Listings are posted for information only. The Missouri Division of Tourism (MDT) assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or the content of individual listings or for the validity of any Web links included therein. A listing appearing on VisitMO does not imply endorsement or recommendation by MDT, the Missouri Department of Economic Development, the State of Missouri or any department/division thereof.
Web Development by SteadyRain Internet Strategy, Web Design, and Online Marketing