1855 Harris-Kearney House
11
4000 Baltimore
Kansas City, MO 64111
Phone: 816-561-1821
Wed.-Sat., 1 p.m.-5 p.m.; also by appointment.

Kansas City's oldest remaining brick residence is located in the Westport area. The Greek Revival mansion was built in 1855 by early settlers, John and Henrietta Harris. The bricks for the mansion were made on the premises.

The house stood prominently on the Battle of Westport Civil War Battlefield. In the fall of 1861, the Harris home was used as headquarters for the Union Army.

The house was moved to its present location in 1922. The house is restored to its 1850s appearance.

Visit our website for details and special event schedules.

Associated Listings
Results (0)
Associated Articles
Results(0)
    GENERAL INTEREST INFO
    • open seasonally only
    • gift / souvenir shop
    • This facility is on the National Register of Historic Places
    FOR TRAVELERS WITH DISABILITIES
    • Not Wheelchair Accessible
    SMOKING POLICY
    • No Smoking
    SUITABLE FOR THESE AGE GROUPS
    • All ages
    ACTIVITIES ON-SITE OR WITHIN 10 MILES
    • historic district
    PET POLICY
    • pets are not allowed
    TYPES OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED
    • Cash
    • Personal Check
    DISCOUNTS OFFERED
    • group discount
    • military discount
    GUEST RESERVATIONS NEEDED?
    • reservations not required
    GROUP POLICY
    • advance contact requested
    TO AND FROM
    Enter Your Zip Code
    {0} REGION - KEY CITIES